Brisbane is under siege from a relentless ant invasion, but fear not – we’ve got your back! Did you know that ants are not only after your snacks but are drawn to moisture as well? Explore the top 5 expert tips to keep these persistent invaders away, protecting your home and business from both food raids and potential nesting grounds.
1. Maintain a Clean Kitchen: Start by keeping your kitchen and dining areas mess-free. Wipe down surfaces regularly, store food in sealed containers, and promptly clean up crumbs. By eliminating food sources, you discourage ants from entering your space.
2. Address Moisture Issues: Fix any leaks or damp areas, as ants are drawn to moisture. Keep gutters debris-free to maintain a dry environment. This not only helps in ant prevention but also contributes to a healthier indoor setting.
3. Close Proximity: Trim and remove vegetation in close proximity to the premises, as ants often use plants as bridges to access buildings. Creating a buffer zone free from vegetation helps minimize ant pathways, reducing the risk of them entering your living or work spaces.
4. Seal Cracks and Crevices: Prevent ant entry points by meticulously sealing cracks and crevices. This includes gaps around windows, doors, and other potential entryways. By closing off these access points, you reduce the likelihood of ant infestations.
5. Create Natural Barriers: Establish a protective barrier around your home using natural ant repellents like cinnamon, vinegar, or peppermint oil. These scents are displeasing to ants, acting as a deterrent and preventing them from invading your space.
- Peppermint: The strong scent of peppermint is known to deter ants.
- Cinnamon: Ants find the scent of cinnamon unpleasant, making it a natural repellent.
- Citrus: Citrus fruits, such as lemon, orange, or grapefruit, and their peels can act as ant deterrents.
- Basil: The aroma of basil plants can help repel ants, making it a useful plant to have around.
By following these tips, you can protect your home and business from ant invasions.